2007年2月9日 星期五

城市的慾望來自男人-Sydney (English Version)


 -- Because its your honest thoughts on things.. they aren't sugar coated for other people.. just raw emotions..



In ICQ window, we talked about that night, the night that was still like yesterday, the night that will definitely be one of the most unforgettable nights in my whole life…

It has turned out totally out of my expectation. I was thinking maybe we would simply have a casual dinner or something, since we only met once before and also I had a friend, Peach, with me.

The reason we met is due to the .COM Era provided me a chance having that 5-day business trip to Sydney in May 2000. The first impression of the "system engineer", you, was, "God, how come a person can be that TALL!!"…

It was also the same impression when you showed up in front of IMAX Theater 6PM that day. But you looked a little timid this time though.

Well, that feeling didn't last long, and neither did our consciousness.

That was a pleasant evening. You took us walking through the streets full of hectic people just off work. While trying to catch up with your quick pace and kept thinking about the unfairness for your having long legs, it didn't take too long to realize that people were hurried to the same destination-bars. Starting with 3 bars in a row, we have tried 3 kinds of beer. In the 3rd one, along with playing 8-ball, you had us try a shot called "Cow-Sucking Cowboy", which I still seriously doubt if it IS the real name…

"Scenario" is a nice restaurant that we had dinner that night. The food and atmosphere is nice and sophisticated, yet I started having hard time to recall what I had ordered. And of course, what sort of another beer we had!!

We tried a mix (Bourbon+Coke) in another bar. That is also where I realized beer could be ordered as "take-out". We jumped on the train and got off at the stop called "Milsons Point", a place in the other side of Sydney Harbour. The famous steel Harbour Bridge soon had become our can opener of those 4 take-out breezers in our hands.

Darling Harbour is a place full of romance and love. Walking across it under the lights and the moon, feeling the breeze whisking softly over your face is just even better. I can't recall exactly what was in my mind at that point, but I am sure that we did take out our camera and tried our best to capture the feeling and images in our heads.

Lying aside Opera House and watching the night sky is another great memory. Even being teased by you and Peach about my poor romance stories, Ex, Mxxk, whatever, my heart was just full of relaxing and fabulous feeling. "Am I dreaming or not? Well, it doesn't really matter…"

Certainly there was a lot of walk to bring us back to downtown and luckily alcohol did helped a lot. The Rock, Circuit Quay… We took a rest by having another shot, which I doubt the name as well, "Slippery Nipple"?!

It was kind of late then. We walked across Hyde Park and arrived your office.

That was probably also my first time to realize that working place could be such a nice place to stay. You turned off the light, handed over another beer to each of us. Sometimes silence makes people uncomfortable, but at that moment, it only made me feel how wonderful life can be.

A lot of walk, a lot of English, a lot of alcohol, but a lot of joy and treasure.

That was about the end of that cozy Friday night in Sydney, and so as our trip to Australia in 2001. I am so glad that you've brought us a great perfect ending and like you said,

"It's kind of a nice thing to know that someone cares enough... or you have affected someone enough for them to remember you and even put you down in print in a collection of there days thoughts..."

So here I excerpt part of my diary, as the gift for our friendship in the past, present and future!

-- Mau, 6/21/2002, oh no, 21/6 in your way. :)

沒有留言: